As Wikipedia puts it, electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce or eCommerce, is a type of industry where the buying and selling of products or services is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.
Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.
Electronic commerce is generally considered to be the sales aspect of e-business. It also consists of the exchange of data to facilitate the financing and payment aspects of business transactions. This is an effective and efficient way of communicating within an organization and one of the most effective and useful ways of conducting business.
Technically, we cover: a) the creation of E-tailing or “virtual storefronts” on websites with online catalogs, b) boutique design, and; c) the actual selling and buying aspect of the online store that embodies the integration of globally accepted payment gateway facilities like Paypal.
- Home page with image slider, featured product listing and other links (towards related products/services page) that needs to be promoted right from the home page.
- Products and/or service page – product listing by category, product details with checkout button.
- Payment process from cart checkout to payment as may be redirected to integrated payment gateway facilities. Delivery fulfillment updated via admin panel switches.
- Support Pages:
- About the company
- Contact page with inquiry form
- Terms and Conditions
- Shopping Cart – lead towards checkout, membership and purchase fulfillment.
- Log-in Page
- Sign-up/Registration Page
Pages that are available after logging in.
- All pages in public pages are also made available here.
- Change name and password
- Change billing address
- Change shipping address
- Change Password
- Order History – shows a list of all your orders
These pages are commonly served via secured socket layer (SSL). However, subscription to SSL is your discretion. You’ll have to talk to your hosting for SSL subscription.
Pages dedicated only for administrators of the site. These are commonly served via SSL.
- Page Management – allows you to change textual contents
- Ecommerce Management:
- Product/Service Management:
- Product/Service Categories
- Product/Service Attributes
- Product Shipping Class
- Order Management:
- Order listing – filterable by date (all or current month), status (processing or completed), and by customer.
- Order details – allows you to view details of order
- Order status – allows you to update order status (pending, failed, on-hold, processing, completed, refunded or cancelled). If you maintain an inventory, you can take action (during this step on) on whether to reduce line stock, increase the line stock or delete the line stock.
- Payment Gateway
- Product/Service Management: